This gift guide was a toughie for me. When I was planning What to Get Your Boyfriend for Christmas, I kept picking gifts that were pretty costly. I tend to err on the extravagant side when buying gifts (especially for those I love!), but given that I’m in college, I have to rein it in so that I don’t go completely broke! Each of the gifts I’ve featured here are $130 or less, and they’ll make a big impact without breaking the bank. Win-win, right? Interestingly enough, I would be happy to receive any of these gifts myself…especially the whiskey set. I don’t know what it is, but something about it reminds me of Star Wars. Which I am TOTALLY down with.
WHAT TO GET YOUR BOYFRIEND FOR CHRISTMAS
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones ($103) – behold, the headphones that changed my life. I picked up a pair of these babies for finals. As soon as I put them on, I felt like I’d never heard music until that moment. They really are that good. With 2,466 reviews on Amazon (1,985 of which are 5 stars), these headphones are allegedly better quality than models that are $200-300 more expensive. I believe it. These are the headphones that recording artists in professional studios, and I can’t recommend them highly enough. If your boyfriend is into music at all, get him a pair of these.
- Jawbone UP ($129) – the jawbone is the priciest item on this list, but it’s definitely one of the coolest gadgets around. Wearable fitness technology is all the rage these days, and after performing a bit of research, I found that Jawbone was the most highly reviewed of a very competitive bunch. Jawbone acts as a pedometer, calorie-tracker, food journal, sleep analyst, and much, much more. It even has a nifty (well-designed) iPhone app that accompanies it, so you can stay clued in to your habits 24-7. A bit of an investment, but a worthy one!!
- Warby Parker Winston ($95) – I’m a huge, huge fan of Warby Parker. Currently on my second pair of sunnies, I personally believe that Warby can do no wrong. I love the shape of these shades – something about them just screams “effortlessly cool”, don’t you think? And the tortoise-shell is pretty killer, too. If you’re hesitant to buy these without seeing them on first, you can take part in the home try-on program. Warby Parker will send you these shades and several others so that you can decide the best fit before investing. Pretty neat!
- Everlane Slim Fit Oxford in Smoke ($55) – my love for Everlane is no secret. This button-down is particularly appealing because it looks put-together without being too pretentious. No man can exist on t-shirts for ever, and this oxford is perfect for all the days in between. PS – this man is not my boyfriend (that would be this guy).
- Star Wars Limited Edition Notebook ($20) – how cool is this journal?! I’m a huge Star Wars nerd myself, and couldn’t pass up including this awesome notebook. It even comes with a print of the original Star Wars poster! Makes a nice stocking-stuffer, no?
- Whiskey Lover Set in Black ($60) – a lovely, architectural set that will let you (and your guy!) sip your scotch on the rocks in style. Includes whiskey stones (a must-have for any whiskey aficionado) and two 8oz tumblers that are dishwasher safe.
- Sh*t I gotta get F*cking Done Notebook ($10) – a bit more cost-efficient than the previous example (but no less cool!), the print on the cover says it all. I feel like I couldn’t help but stay organized if I got to write down all of my tasks in a notebook like this one.
What do you think? Anything that you love/hate on this list? How do you decide what to get your boyfriend for christmas?? Let me know in the comments!!
Have a lovely day :)